Theme: Spongebob Squarepants
- Join us on Saturday, February 29th, 2020 for our 19th Annual ROCKFEST Climbing Competition! All skill levels are welcome!
- Registration $30 UW & UM students & $35 for Community - Coming soon
- There are three divisions: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. To ensure that the top three finishers in all three adult divisions are accurately represented, all competitors will be placed into blind divisions.
- There are two categories for each division: Male and Female
- All entrants are required to sign a liability waiver to climb our wall. If you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must also sign. Waivers will be given to entrants upon arrival.
- The competition is open to all: students and non-students alike! No minimum or maximum age.
- Participants are welcome to come dressed according to the theme.
RockFest will be held at the Stout Adventures Climbing Wall located within the Sports & Fitness Center at the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Menomonie, WI. A campus map may be found at: https://www.uwstout.edu/maps-and-directions. The climbing wall is located at the south end of the Sports and Fitness Center.
- There will be routes set specifically for the competition for each division. The number of routes per division will be based on the climbing ability of the competition entrants.
- Each climber is given a score card.
- All belaying will be done by staff members. Belayer's will be judging each climb and must sign the score card for a climb to be valid.
- Scoring will be based off a Flash/red point format
- A card showing the climb information will be posted next to each route.
- Climbers may climb as many routes as they wish, however only the best 3 climbs on the score card will count towards your final score.
- This competition is open-format. Open-format means that climbers may climb whenever they are ready. They must finish all their climbs within the time allotted.
- Climber must start and end routes on holds marked with a "V."
- Climber must have weight on and be in control* of the final holds to complete the route. *Control: means climber must have the final hold weighted before releasing. No slapping allowed. A demo of this concept will be provided at the comp.
- For starts, climber must show control on starting holds before moving to the next holds. For sit starts (indicated on the route's label), climber must start by sitting on the ground. No pushing off the ground with hands or feet. Once the climber has completely left the ground, the climber's attempt has begun.
- Climber must only use holds that are designated for that route. Everything else is off limits. Accidentally touching a hold not on your route with your hands or feet is only tolerated if it does not assist in the progress of the climb. This rule is enforced at the belayer's discretion. All-natural holds are on except when specifically stated for a route. All bolt holes on the wall are off.
- The climber will be lowered upon falling. The climber then has the option to try the route again immediately or at a later time. The climber may not climb a route more than 2 consecutive times unless there is no one else waiting to climb that rope. The climber may attempt a route as many times as desired.
- If a hold spins or moves while you are climbing a route, you will have the option to be lowered and given another chance to climb it without being penalized.
- Neither verbal nor nonverbal help may be given to climbers on the wall from anyone on the ground.
- No loose chalk in the gym. All chalk must be in a chalk ball and kept in a chalk bag.
- The finals competition will use a different format than the preliminary competition.
- The top 3 finishers in the advanced division will participate.
- Separate routes will be used for the final’s competition.
- In the event of a tie, preliminary competition point totals will be added to the finals point totals. The climbers will be then ranked with the new point totals.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- All entrants will receive one prize drawing ticket upon check-in. Prizes will be drawn during the award ceremony.
- A separate raffle will be conducted for the winners of each division in advance of the general admission raffle.
- ROCKFEST is part of the Wisconsin Indoor Climbing Series (WICS)! Check out the WICS tabs for more information.
- Showers and locker rooms are available for all entrants.
- Free snacks will be available thanks to our local sponsors.
Schedule Of events
|| Competition Rules and Updates
|| Preliminary Competition
|| Finals Competition (Top 3 finishers in advanced division only)
|| Awards and Prizes
|| Waterfront Bar and Grill